REDlines: No Progress! None Of This Makes Any Sense.
The NHL and NHLPA met today without anything positive indicating that a settlement to the lockout was even remotely close. Rather than me write about it, you can read about it, as well as some other off the wall happenings of the day. Here’s your Redlines for Tuesday night:
* Talks broke off quickly and none are scheduled. Oh, and the league lost $100 million by cancelling the pre season. TSN.ca.
* Bill Daly says the two sides are communicating but can’t agree on what the CBA should look like. USAToday.
* CBC Sports looks at this (not so) great debate.
REDlines: Yes It’s October. No The Lockout Hasn’t Been Settled.
September has ended, and October has begun. Remember back in late June and early July before all this lockout nonsense how we used to tweet “Is it October yet”? Well, it’s here, and instead we are slowly approaching the point where regular season games are going to start getting cancelled. Not how we envisioned the start of fall. So while you sit around your televisions tonight watching the Bears and Dallas, or maybe the Orioles and Tampa, here’s some of today’s top stories:
* Former Florida Panther Ray Sheppard lands himself a gig with the Orlando Solar Bears as a special assistant. Our
* It was not a good weekend for Krys Barch. Here’s two views on his Saturday night heart to heart talk with Twitter. Globe and Mail and the National Post.
* Is Pat LaFontaine going to save the Islanders? Isles Talk.