REDlines: Yes It’s October. No The Lockout Hasn’t Been Settled.
September has ended, and October has begun. Remember back in late June and early July before all this lockout nonsense how we used to tweet “Is it October yet”? Well, it’s here, and instead we are slowly approaching the point where regular season games are going to start getting cancelled. Not how we envisioned the start of fall. So while you sit around your televisions tonight watching the Bears and Dallas, or maybe the Orioles and Tampa, here’s some of today’s top stories:
* Former Florida Panther Ray Sheppard lands himself a gig with the Orlando Solar Bears as a special assistant. Our
* It was not a good weekend for Krys Barch. Here’s two views on his Saturday night heart to heart talk with Twitter. Globe and Mail and the National Post.
* Is Pat LaFontaine going to save the Islanders? Isles Talk.
* Wayne Gretzky thinks we’ll have hockey by January 1. TSN.ca.
* NHLPA rep Craig Adams says union wanted to talk, league “couldn’t”. Pittsburgh Tribune Review.
* See what someone thinks is part of Gary Bettman’s job. Sportsnet.ca.
* Finally, in an unrelated hockey note, the Baltimore Orioles, my favorite baseball team have clinched a playoff spot after a 15 year abscence! Orioles.com.
Thanks for reading. We welcome your comments and opinions.
Follow the Rat Pack on Twitter: me @TheRatTrick , David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Josh Luecht@joshluecht, Patrick McLaughlin @PatrickRattrick, Scott Mullin @GreatScottsman, David Rodriguez @davidbub_2, Paige Lewis @RatTrickLewiz Gabby Kiger @gabbykiger, Adam Reid@AdamReid Chrissy Parente @chrissaay44, Justen Rosenberg @justenrosenberg, Kris Eberwein @RatTrickKris, and Lori Carpenter @lmcangel13. Also, please join our FaceBook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and tell us what’s on your mind.
Posted on October 1, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged Gary Bettman, Krys Barch, Orlando Solar Bears, Pat LaFontaine, Ray Sheppard. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.
Leave a Comment