What better way to spend your lunch break than catching up on all of last night’s amazing NHL action that you may have missed! Here are the top stories and videos from the all of yesterday’s action around the NHL.
* This video montage is in tribute to Pat Foley, the voice of the Chicago Blackhawks for the past 30 seasons. He was honored last night before the Hawks played Nashville. As a former Chicagoan, I can honestly say he’s one of the best, and had the pleasure of hearing all the calls in this video.
* The Three Stars from Friday night via Puck Daddy.
* Erik Gudbranson is out for the weekend, and Filip Kuba returns. On Frozen Pond.
* Kevin Dineen refers to the New York Rangers as “Cookie Monsters”. NYDN.
* Pete DeBoer isn’t worried about job security despite New Jersey’s struggles. Pro Hockey Talk.
* A strong finish to your year doesn’t guarantee a long playoff run. Globe and Mail.
* John Tavares is a real MVP candidate. The Hockey News.
* A terrific story about Teemu Selanne and a youngster with battling cancer. LATimes.
Thanks for reading. We welcome your comments and opinions.
Follow the Panther Parkway crew on Twitter: me @FrankRekas, David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Paige Lewis @PaigeLewisFL, Josh Luecht @eyesonsunrise, Jameson Cooper @JamesonCoop, Scott Mullin @GreatScottsman, Gabby Kiger @gabbykiger, and Amanda Land @HockeyGirl2530. Also, please join our FaceBook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and tell us what’s on your mind