The NHL and NHLPA met today without anything positive indicating that a settlement to the lockout was even remotely close. Rather than me write about it, you can read about it, as well as some other off the wall happenings of the day. Here’s your Redlines for Tuesday night:
* Talks broke off quickly and none are scheduled. Oh, and the league lost $100 million by cancelling the pre season. TSN.ca.
* Bill Daly says the two sides are communicating but can’t agree on what the CBA should look like. USAToday.
* CBC Sports looks at this (not so) great debate.
* Don Cherry is sticking up for Nazim Kadri after the Leafs announce they don’t like his eating habits. TSN,ca.
* Marian Hossa is skating. That is a good thing. CSN Chicago.
* Krys Barch discusses his Twitter rant. Defending Big D.
* Down Goes Brown has the breakdown of the non-core discussions.
* So let me get this straight, ESPN doesn’t televise NHL hockey anymore, and now they’ll broadcast games from the KHL? Puck Daddy.
* Finally, Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe “hates” bloggers, while also claiming that they aren’t charitable. I beg to differ! Backhand Shelf.
Thanks for reading. We welcome your comments and opinions.
Follow the Rat Pack on Twitter: me @TheRatTrick , David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Josh Luecht@joshluecht, Patrick McLaughlin @PatrickRattrick, Scott Mullin @GreatScottsman, David Rodriguez @davidbub_2, Paige Lewis @RatTrickLewiz Gabby Kiger @gabbykiger, Adam Reid@AdamReid Chrissy Parente @chrissaay44, Justen Rosenberg @justenrosenberg, Kris Eberwein @RatTrickKris, and Lori Carpenter @lmcangel13. Also, please join our FaceBook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and tell us what’s on your mind.